Friday, October 28, 2005

YAHOO! HEADQUARTERS CANCELS EMPLOYEE HALLOWEEN PARADE

Santa Monica, CA
October 28, 2005

The managers at the Yahoo! headquarters thought it would be a great idea if they let their employees come to work dressed up in honor of Halloween. Not only that, but they would have a little parade and give an award to the best dressed in effort to get more people to participate. Unfortunately, that parade had to be called off this afternoon due to too many Star Wars costumes.

"This has the be the geekiest thing I have ever seen before in my life," says Yahoo security guard Rusty Rodriguez. "About 9am it was just a steady flow of Darth Mauls, Emperors, and Darth Vaders. There is not one single person here that is not dressed up as one of those guys. I mean, it's no wonder none of them have girlfriends."

The cancellation of the parade has irked quite a few regardless of the seeming redundancy of having 433 Darth Mauls walk down the hallway.

"I think its absolutely abhorrent that they are singling us out like this," said Chian Lee in programming. "Today I get to show my co-workers not only my amazing Darth Maul wardrobe, but my killer light saber skills. They don't realize the show I was going to put on. It was going to put the Sarlac Pit battle of Alderon to shame. "

The management stands by their decision on the grounds of good taste.

"Look, this is just the worst possible situation imaginable," said one anonymous Yahoo topper. "I just can't believe there are this many people in Star Wars costumes. Do you realize that there are probably 1000 people here dressed up as one of 3 characters. I just, I feel so....., I think that if we let this happen, there is a very good chance none of these guys will ever get laid. Its really just that bad. We can't reward this, it just really sends the wrong message."

Regardless, some of the employees are planning on getting together after work in the parking lot to hold their own contest. The grand prize winner will win the Matrix Trilogy on DVD and a case of Mountain Dew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home