Friday, October 14, 2005


DESPITE GREAT MIX TAPE, LOCAL GIRL PREFERS "JUST TO BE FRIENDS"

October 15, 2005
Evansville, IN

Katie Conrad was faced with an awkward situation last Tuesday when longtime friend Matt Jones gave her a mix tape with strong overtones.

"Matt and I have been best friends since we we were like 7 years old. I never even considered taking our relationship to the 'next level' . I guess Matt has some other ideas of what he wants, but I'm just not ready to do that yet."

When Katie first got the tape from Matt she didn't think anything of it.

"Matt's really into music and he makes me tapes from time to time of stuff that he thinks that I would be into. They are usually pretty cool with stuff like Coldplay or Matchbox 20 on it. This one was just so, well, different."

Matt's intention became evident with the first track, "Never Say Never" by Romeo Void where the chorus of the song repeats "I might like you better if we slept together". The next track was "Lets Spend the Night Together" and track three was "The Thong Song".

"After the third song, I just knew what Matt was trying to tell me. He's so shy, you know. I really feel sorry that the only way he can express these feeling for me is through this mix tape. He should have felt like he could open up and tell me anything."

Regardless of the way Matt said it, the answer is a resounding "no".

"I think maybe we need to spend some time apart until his hormones calm down a bit. Hopefully in a few months he will see that this is the best decision."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home