Monday, October 10, 2005

EDDIE MONEY FACES BANKRUPTCY

Money, seen here with his lawyer Tony Sommona entering the Rhode Island state court, is penniless. After spending a good deal of money honoring the Carney profession in Havasu (see The Independent 10/7/05) and losing a large legal battle over the "Two Tickets to Paradise", Eddie Money is now facing the future of a regular 9 to 5 job.

"I just wanted to be an entertainer," Said Money. "Some of these acts, man, they get out there and pretend to be too good for their audience. I never was. I connected, man. From the Ohio State Fair to the Springfield Apple Festival, I played them all and I freakin' connected! Now that's all going to be over because of her."

"Her" is Samantha Sneedly of Dearborn, Nebraska who recently won a landmark case against the aging rocker. In 2004 Eddie Money was playing the Nebraska Corn Festival in Omaha where Sneedly made her way to the front row right under the singer. During his anthemic "Two Tickets to Paradise", Money produced 2 tickets from his back pocket and handed them down to Sneedly.

"I have never in my life been so happy. Not after the birth of any of my kids have I felt as elated as I did that very moment."

Sneedly, 19, seen here with the tickets, took the meaning literally.

"He said 'I got 2 tickets to paradise. Back your bags let's leave tonight'. Imagine how I felt when he never showed back up to take me to my paradise. It broke my heart. Maybe you can do that in California, but out here in Nebraska we take things a little more seriously.

Judge Lawrence Smalls, agreed with her and awarded an unprecedented $250,000 judgment against the singer for failure to pay a debt promised, or something like that.

Now, Money is faced with getting a 9 to 5 job or closing the Carney Hall of Fame in Havasu that he has worked his whole life to complete.

"These gigs I do don't pay no $250,000, you know what I'm saying? I can't go on the road and pay that bill. So Mr. Entertainer, Eddie Money, is hanging up his guitar and going to work. I have to do it to save the museum."

Money is not sure yet what he is qualified to do but he thinks he will find something soon. He has to.

"The Carneys need me, man. There's just no other way around it. God knows this and will point me in the right direction."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home